Is your idea of repurposing content is to turn a blog post into a social post and call it a day? If so, you’re missing out on opportunities to get more value out of your content while reaching new audiences.
Here’s how to take just one piece of long-form content—like a webinar, article, case study, or whitepaper—and turn it into more than 25 new content assets.
If you want a handy infographic of the suggestions to keep or share, here you go! We rated the suggestions by difficulty level—so when you need to create more content, you can choose the easier ones if you’re short on resources. This infographic isn’t gated, so you can just click and grab.
How to Repurpose 1 Piece of Content into 25+
REPURPOSE THE CONTENT INTO…E-BOOKS
- Collect a handful of long-form content into a long e-book
- Is your white paper especially long? Each section could become a short e-book
REPURPOSE THE CONTENT INTO…EMAIL
- Run a weekly tip series
- Create an email course
- Add a customer blurb from a case study to your email newsletter
- Run excerpts of the content in your email newsletter
REPURPOSE THE CONTENT INTO…PODCASTS
- Record the copy-as is
- Record a series of podcasts around the topic
- Interview your SMEs for podcasts
- Turn audio of webinar into podcast
REPURPOSE THE CONTENT INTO…BLOG POSTS
- Reprint the content directly on your blog
- Expand each section of the content into a full post
- Create profiles of the SMEs consulted/quoted in the content
- Transcribe your webinar and post the transcript on your blog (and/or as a PDF download)
REPURPOSE THE CONTENT INTO…SOCIAL POSTS
- Host live Q&As or interviews with your SMEs
- Develop an Instagram slideshow
- Create a whiteboard video
- Post select SME quotes (and be sure to tag them!)
- Post excerpts of the content on LinkedIn
- Promote all your repurposed content on social
REPURPOSE THE CONTENT INTO…AN INFOGRAPHIC
- Pull the main points or data into a graph, flowchart, or other format
- Turn those points or data into separate social media posts
REPURPOSE THE CONTENT INTO…MORE OF THE SAME
- Compile this content (along with other content assets) into a resource page
- Chunk multiple assets down into a FAQ
- Update the data, links, and SEO and republish as new
- Revise the content for a new persona
If your content budget has been cut—or you just want to reach your audience wherever they prefer to enjoy content—you now have more than 25 ways to get more out of a single piece of content.
Need help creating more content? Learn more about our personalized repurposing plans.